16 April 2008

Setting times, dates and people

Next Monday the governing body of Elmwood - the committah- are deciding on all the key details for the show. This will include the request for earlier performances from schools and looking at the need for matinees. As it stands there won't be matinees, so unless we get inundated with comments here before then that's how it will stay. The reasons we need to lock it in now are: publicity materials and booking of the auditorium.

I'm keen to get this stuff locked in. The poster is nearly done (minus details) and I'll be seeing it this week. As soon as that's complete it will be posted here!

The other good news is that the facebook audition notice - kindly set up by Mel - has produced a lot of interest. I'm positive about the talent I may be asked to choose from at the auditions.

Auditions again are 25 May at the Elmwood Auditorium.

Sometime in the next week or so I'm going to meet the pyrotechnics guy who made some of my plays in the 90s so much fun.

3 comments:

Farawaymel said...

Why do you want to have matinees? In my experience they're never well attended.

Sam NZed said...

I don't know. In some plays in the past I can remember having reasonable houses. If they won't work we won't have them. Actually Macbeth in the mid afternoon kinda sounds dumb. When I was orignally looking at the play I wanted midnight performances but so many people work on Saturdays and Sundays it will never come off.

Sam NZed said...

I've come across some of the old booking sheets for a play I did in 97 (!) Chorus of Disapproval and the Matinees were very well attended. It may be the play or the theatre (that was Riccarton) but I also wonder if it's about times are changing. I remember when I did Taming of the Shrew (99) it had good Matinees as well.